Meet the Marketing team!
The digital marketing department is the largest within Precis. These teams are the frontline to our ongoing client projects and they are responsible for the core of our business.
Most marketing teams consist of 6–8 people and they manage the digital marketing activities and digital maturity. In other words, this is where the majority of the communication happens with our clients and where their strategies are planned. Where we do everything in our power to push our clients’ businesses forward, helping them become increasingly advanced within digital marketing, improving the return on their marketing investment, and allowing their businesses to flourish.
Many people think of digital marketing as media buying. Allocating budgets to different marketing channels, deciding how much a click or an impression from a target audience is worth, and leaning back to see what happens. That is not how marketing is treated at Precis. The marketing campaigns we help our clients with are the sum of all of our parts, covering strategy, data collection, analytics and modelling, creative and efficient media buying. In the Marketing team, you’ll be in the centre of it all, advising businesses on strategy, executing marketing campaigns, and communicating the value of our services. This also means that you’ll work closely with our other departments, supporting you in successfully delivering all of the above.
Deliver above-expectation results to clients, introduce high-value initiatives, and ensure high client satisfaction.
Get to know our Marketing team
The primary responsibilities of the marketing team are to deliver a service that’s so good that clients want to stay with Precis and form an ever-closer partnership. It starts with providing an excellent return on marketing investments, but it’s much more than that. It’s also about understanding the client’s business and being proactive in suggesting initiatives that will deliver real business value for the client and its owners.
- We help clients formulate their marketing strategies and set KPIs to measure the progress.
- We set up and execute marketing campaigns in Search engines – both organic and paid, and for both Google and Bing (and in rarer cases, other search engines). We even have our own CSS to help clients get the most out of their Google Shopping campaigns.
- We excel at paid social marketing, where the majority of our clients’ budgets rightfully goes to Facebook’s ecosystem. Successful campaigns need compelling content and creatives, this is why they always go hand-in-hand. Therefore, our marketing teams focus on paid social work closely with our Creative team.
- Compelling content is also critical for programmatic advertising as well as campaigns on YouTube. We execute mid- and upper-funnel campaigns via Google DV360 and Google Ads.
- Tailored, real-time reporting and dashboarding is critical for all relevant stakeholders. These are most often made available using Google Data Studio, and our marketing teams can make these truly advanced thanks to our Data & Analytics team.
- Communication around all of the above is key! We need to ask questions and listen to properly understand our clients’ businesses, and we need to explain the value of our services to them in a language that suits the stakeholders in question. This often happens in the form of meetings and business reviews as well as daily communication via phone, email, and Slack.
When the Marketing team succeeds in executing campaigns that reach (or even exceed) the clients’ targets and expectations, and we communicate effectively, we create marketing magic. Trust is built, the partnership develops, and we continue to positively impact the business. This is the time to take the next step up the digital marketing ladder and help our clients become even more technologically savvy and become best-in-class, further increasing the impact of their business.
Clients and projects
At Precis we work with many different types of businesses across many different verticals. B2B, B2C, you name it. Our approach does have certain requirements from the partnership with our clients. We need a significant amount of time to deliver the services that are up to our high standards, and we need significant marketing budgets to leverage our data-driven approach and proprietary technology. This means that even though we don’t limit ourselves to certain verticals, we mainly work with medium-sized and large businesses as well as some start-ups and scale-ups.
We are very good at what we do, and we take great pride in that. We love our craft, and some of us can get incredibly excited about the possibilities, new technologies, and deep-dives into the data. This can create a communication challenge, when it comes to translating our work and the value we deliver to different stakeholders, including C-level executives.
A regular week
We work in an agile setup using the Scrum methodology. This means that your week likely kicks off with a planning session, ensuring everyone knows what to do and how to prioritise. Daily stand-ups keep progress in check and surface roadblocks, and challenges as the team work on reaching or exceeding our clients’ targets.
Depending on your role and experience, you’ll communicate, coordinate and prioritise together with our clients, and set-up and execute best-in-class campaigns in the marketing platforms we support. This is made possible thanks to our other teams with whom you collaborate, leveraging all that Precis has to offer to have the biggest impact on our clients’ businesses.
At Precis, you work in a team collaborating to support a small portfolio of clients. You’ll never be left on your own or expected to handle a large portfolio of clients without anyone to spar with. We believe in the fact that diverse backgrounds and experiences are what it takes to be creative and come up with the best solutions.
Skills and competencies
We have two different career tracks within our marketing department. Both tracks aim to ensure the highest return on investment possible for our clients from campaigns in marketing platforms and channels like Google search (paid and organic), Paid Social (Facebook and Instagram), programmatic advertising (DV360), YouTube, etc.
- One track leans towards client relationship and project management with excellent communication skills, and sound strategic thinking. We expect critical and analytic thinking, and preferably a commercial mindset and business acumen in more senior roles.
- The other track leans towards product specialisation with a deeper technical capacity and experience within, e.g., programming and statistics. Advanced marketing evaluation techniques along with data activation strategies and processes.
Why join the Marketing team?
You should join our marketing team if you want to deliver real business impact and help companies grow via digital marketing strategies and campaigns. We consider ourselves to be among the very best at what we do, and our ambitions reach even higher than that. You’ll be in a unique position to learn from people who already fall into this category and take part in changing our industry for the better.
Stats and fun things about the team
- Men/Women: 49 %/51 %
- Educational background: The educational backgrounds in our marketing teams are diverse – everything from computer science, marketing, chemistry, physics, political science, psychology, and more.
- Number of native languages at Precis: 46, ranging from Serbian to Spanish (and Catalan!), Persian to Dutch, and Hindi to Polish.
Are you interested in joining our Marketing team? Check out our open jobs