Meet the Technology team!
Technology is key to any successful digital marketing strategy now, that’s why most teams at Precis help develop technology as one part of what they do, but the Technology team focuses solely on this discipline.
The Technology team is developing our internal platform for marketing optimisation and performance insights, as well as the more complex client projects. The team is mainly located in our Stockholm office but some team members work from other offices. The team consists of people working as developers, data engineers, and data scientists.
Deliver technology and analysis that help improve advertising performance and take our delivery to the next level.
Get to know our Technology team
We are a value-driven cross-functional team, so our main responsibility is to deliver valuable software for our marketing teams and their clients. Our team members are proactively participating in research, scoping, defining the implementation plan, data modelling & engineering, software development, testing, and products maintenance. Besides software development routine, we define the development best practices, share knowledge, and value engineering practices, (as pair programming, PR review, CI/CD, etc.)
We are a data-driven development team, so our primary tech stack is Python (Flask, Django frameworks) as well as React on the frontend and the main infrastructure is built on Google Cloud Platform.
Some examples of some of our work include:
- We invest in products and tools that increase clients’ digital maturity. One example is the Profit Bidding solution. This solution was created and tested for a client with the purpose of altering what was used for bidding from revenue to profit. Integrating profit in a smooth and easy way is a step towards bidding for real value within the platforms.
- We developed a ‘Bulk Uploader’ for Facebook ads, which decreased time for ads uploading and allowed users to centrally schedule ad campaigns across the account.
Digital Marketing is a highly unstable environment, that’s why we are always ready to adapt our products, tools, and processes to any external changes and deliver the best results.
A regular week
At the moment we have two teams running parallel 3 weeks sprints (including Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective). The sprint review we perform together in order to share the progress, highlight challenges, and align the plan between the teams.
The daily routine of one of our engineers usually includes coding, PR review, pair programming, daily standup.
Each week we also have team fika and gaming sessions!
Skills and competencies in the Technology team
- Value-driven mindset
- Data Engineering
- Data Science
- Software Development
- Cloud Technology
- Quality Assurance
- Architecture Design
- User Experience
- Proactive collaboration & communication
Why join the Technology team?
There are a number of reasons why the Technolgy team at Precis is a great place to be and we can’t include them all here (believe us, we tried!). Our top highlights include:
- We are creative and unafraid of change. We’re always testing out the latest tech and try new methodologies on the biggest problems digital marketing has to offer.
- We have mutual respect for each other, open communication, commitments and courage to try things others haven’t dared to do.
- We invest in new technologies, new competencies and career development and focus heavily on internal knowledge sharing across all our teams. The opportunities to learn are endless!
- Work-life balance is crucial so we have flexible work schedules, amazing team events, and are a psychologically safe place to work. Plus, every Friday is dedicated to your own pet-projects so you have a chance to continuously push the boundaries of your skillset.
Stats and fun things about the team
- Men/Women: 74% / 26%
- Educational backgrounds: the most popular educational backgrounds are Computer Science or Computer engineering.
- Number of native languages: 7 native languages. We are a very diverse team in terms of nationalities – the code behind our products is written by devs and data scientists from ten different countries!
- We were there to create the meeting room names in the Stockholm office that everyone is endlessly confused about.
Are you interested in joining our Technology team? Check out our open jobs.